I2C links BeagleBoard and Arduino with LCD - conclusion

The BeagleBoard is now chatting happily to a boarduino over I2C. I'm running my simple Python script on the BeagleBoard and text is appearing on the boarduino's LCD.

I switched to the boarduino because I had one sitting in  a drawer, and I knew from earlier this week that a 16MHz ATMega328 could handle the BeagleBoard's fast (400kHz) I2C.

The boarduino is designed for use with a prototyping board, and it has a very compact form factor. I'll probably transfer boarduino and LCD to a semi-permanent strip-board home.

The BeagleBoard can rest for a day or two; I'm working on TrackBot, sorting out the Radio problem that I encountered earlier in the week and adding a Pololu IR proximity sensor to help avoid damaging collisions. After that it will be time for a retrospective review, and I can start planning B4 - the BeagleBoard Based 'Bot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Controlling a Raspberry Pi Pico remotely using PySerial

Five steps to connect Jetson Nano and Arduino

Raspberry Pi Pico project 2 - MCP3008